Research Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellow, Ph.D. Student and Research Assistant
1. Robotics: Multi-robot systems, self-reconfigurable robots, modular robots, soft robotics, etc.
2. AI: Multi-robot cooperative environment perception, multi-robot relative positioning, multi-robot perception, multi-robot manipulation, multi-robot multi-task optimization planning, decentralized control, etc.
- IROS Best Paper Award on Robot Mechanisms and Design https://www.ieee-ras.org/about-ras/latest-news/1767-iros-2020-award-reci...
- Media coverage https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/robotics-hardware/freebots-...
- Accepted papers of ICRA 2021
1. Junjie Hu, Xiyue Guo, Junfeng Chen, Guanqi Liang, Fuqin Deng, Tin Lun Lam, “A Two-stage Unsupervised Approach for Low light Image Enhancement” (RA-L)
2. Xiyue Guo, Junjie Hu, Junfeng Chen, Fuqin Deng, Tin Lun Lam, "Semantic Histogram Based Graph Matching for Real-Time Multi-Robot Global Localization in Large Scale Environment" (RA-L)
3. Yuxiao Tu, Tin Lun Lam, "Graph Convolutional Network based Configuration Detection for Freeform Modular Robot Using Magnetic Sensor Array"
4. Liguang Zhou, Chenping Du, Zhenglong Sun, Tin Lun Lam, Yangsheng Xu, "Long-Range Hand Gesture Recognition via Attention-based SSD Network"
5. Yan Gao, Lyucheng Xie, Tin Lun Lam, "Thrust Enhancement of Wave-driven Unmanned Surface Vehicle by using Asymmetric Foil"
6. Xiaoyu Zhang, Lei Yan, Tin Lun Lam, Sethu Vijayakumar, "Task-Space Decomposed Motion Planning Framework for Multi-Robot Loco-Manipulation"
7. Jiatao Ding, Songyan Xin, Tin Lun Lam, Sethu Vijayakumar, "Versatile Locomotion by Integrating Ankle, Hip, Stepping, and Height Variation Strategies"
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of Shenzhen Institute of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Society (AIRS) or The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-SZ), the related statutory benefits which under the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC and government subsidy will be provided.
Various scholarship support will be provided according to students' competence:
1. AIRS Talent of PhD Research Program，Type A: RMB 200,000 -350,000 per year (before-tax); Type B: RMB 100,000 -200,000 per year (before-tax)
(More info. https://airs.cuhk.edu.cn/zh-hans/content/12936)
2. ‘CUHK-SZ will provide different kinds of scholarships to outstanding applicants.
(More info. http://sse-mphil-phd.cuhk.edu.cn/en/basic/281)
Please send your resume, transcript, and a PPT with presenting personal research outputs to Prof. Tin Lun LAM by email (email address: email@example.com). Only the shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Introduction of Principal Investigator
Tin Lun Lam, Senior Member of IEEE, serves as Assistant Professor and Executive Deputy Director of Robotics & AI Lab (http://rail.cuhk.edu.cn) of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Director of Research Center on Intelligent Robots of Shenzhen Institute of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Society(https://airs.cuhk.edu.cn). Prof. Lam’s research group is devoted to developing new types of general robotic technologies to give impetus to applying the technologies in new fields and popularizing the knowledge of robotics and AI to society.
He has been granted over 50 patents, published 2 monographs, and over 50 international journal and conference papers. Most of them were published in top-tier international journals and conference proceedings in robotics and automation, such as TRO, T-MECH, RA-L, JFR, ICRA, and IROS. Based on his research, he has received an IEEE/ASME T-MECH Best Paper Award in 2011 and IROS Best Paper Award on Robot Mechanisms and Design in 2020. His research outcomes have also been reported by many internationally renowned media including Reuters, Discovery Channel, and IEEE Spectrum.
More information about Prof. Lam and his group is available at https://sites.google.com/site/lamtinlun